1.11.2013

it's like a whole bunch of awesome threw up on my wall

Hello all!  I've been slacking in blog-land lately, but I have been busy!

Here's a little sneak peak at what I've been doing lately, from my Instagram:


Ever since hubs and I moved into our rental house this summer, I've been super excited about my first ever dedicated home office & sewing room!  Since the budget is tight and I don't have extra money available to spend on office upgrades, I'm working on prettying up the space using things I already have around the house.  I'll give you the gross before and the much better after pics soon, but for now here's a little taste of what my formerly bare walls are looking like now -- inspiration boards!  Twelve of them, so be exact.  I used this style of cork squares, and by using 50% off coupons at JoAnn's, all twelve were around $15 or so.  Score!  Using magazine clippings, sketches, postcards, paint swatches, and other bits and bobs from around the office, I was able to turn these squares into twelve mini inspiration boards that double as colorful art for my space. Now, walking into my sewing space puts me in a creative mindset, and it is SO much better than my formerly bare, white walls.

Stay tuned for more progress photos as I complete this space!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I'm looking to pretty up my new sewing room, too.

    ReplyDelete